- 1 visit to the ER.
- Over 9125 finger pokes.
- Over 10,950 insulin injections/inhalations.
- Hundreds of Jelly Belly Jelly Beans (my quick sugar of choice when treating a low BS)
- 2 Research Studies.
- Over 20 blood draws and endo appointments.
- 5 glucose meters
- 3 generations of Dexom Continuous Glucose monitors.
- 7 different insulins.
- Over 350 followers on Instagram @cutthebsgirl.
- Over 400 Likes on the Cut the BS Facebook Page.
- Over 45 blog posts with over 2300 visits to the Cut The BS Blog.
- 1 5K run completed…slowly but complete!
- 4 JDRF OneWalks walked and one more on the way!
- Almost 50 walkers recruited.
- $16,699.30 raised for T1D research from hundreds of donors!
- 3 cruises.
- 5 Wedding Anniversary Trips.
- 10 Indycar races
- 1 Diabetes unConference.
- 1 radio show.
- A community of my peeps.
- Countless laughter.
- Immense love.
- So much pride.
I say “celebrate” because the last five years have truly been a gift. Every single day has been a gift. It’s been a gift to me. It’s been a gift to my family. I hope it has been a gift to anyone my life and efforts have touched.
I’m so grateful to those before me that relentlessly raised funds and conducted research so that I can have these five years. I’m so thankful that they didn’t give up on finding insulin. It has been an absolute honor to benefit from better treatments and I am extremely hopeful for a cure. I have to be.
I’m so stinkin excited for what the next 5 years have in store!
Cut the BS y’all! Much love.